Fondation Malley Prairie
Non-violence at Heart
We are happy to announce that the Fondation MalleyPrairie – supporting victims of domestic violence – has been chosen as charity institution for the club year 2021/22.
According to a study recently published by the Canton de Vaud in cooperation with the Bureau d`égalité, every second week a person dies in Switzerland as consequence of domestic violence. In a very large number of cases, women and children are the victims and men are the culprits. In the Canton de Vaud, the police intervene four times per day for such type of violence and these interventions result in one expulsion from the family home each day. However, these figures are just the tip of the iceberg, as domestic violence takes place behind closed doors.
In view of this reality, an institution protecting and taking care and the victims is therefore of the utmost importance.
Founded in 1976, the Fondation Malley Prairie and its 200 collaborators provide daily help to couples, families and children that experience domestic violence. It is a private, non-profit institution, open 24 hours 7/7, whose mission is:
- To interfere in favour of all habitants of the canton de Vaud – regardless of their nationality, gender or sexual orientation – who are confronted with domestic violence.
- To maintain a centre for young children of families living in the Lausanne Malley area.
The foundation is organised in three different structures:
- The Welcome Centre Malley Prairie: providing support-housing in an emergency situation or consultation – to people (including children) confronted by violence in the family or at the hands of a partner.
- The Centre Prévention de l`Ale : help and support for abusers who aim to control their aggressive tendencies.
- The Centre de vie enfantine : kindergarten for children 0 to 6 years
One of the projects to be realized soon and which the IWC will support financially and through personal engagement will be the renovation and redesign of the outdoor space at the Malley welcome centre. We are particularly grateful to the IWC garden group (Caroline Sykes), who will be happy to get involved in the development and implementation of this project. We are excited to get started in fundraising for such a worthy charity and hope to see lots of you join us in this venture over the coming year.
Beyond the collective IWC engagement, further ways to support the foundation would be:
- A personal donation
- Become member of the friends of the foundation with CHF 50 per year membership fee
- Thinking of the foundation when making your will (testament)
Phone: 021 620 7676
Account information :
CH24 0076 7000 T092 8643 1
Banque Cantonale Vaudoise, 1001 Lausanne
BIC/SWIFT : BCVLCH2LXXX
Clearing : 767
CCP : 10-725-4
Please click on the link below to view the different resources to donate knitted items: