Guided Tour The Palais des Nations and International Red Cross in Geneva
About this event :
Guided Tour The Palais des Nations, Geneva
The group will start the day with a guided tour of The Palais des Nations and depending on the daily scheduled meetings some of the rooms they will be able to visit include:
- The Human Rights Alliance of Civilization Room, decorated by artist Miquel Barcelo.
- The Salle des Pas Perdus, from where you can see the Armillary Sphere and the monument commemorating the conquest of outer space.
- The Assembly Hall, the largest room in the Palais des Nations.
- The Council Chamber, where many important historical negotiations have taken place, with murals by Jose Maria Sert.
- Gifts presented by various countries to the United Nations Office at Geneva.
During the tour, the guide will also give information about the current activities of the United Nations and also talk about the Palais des Nations, formerly the headquarters of the League of Nations.
Guided Tour International Red Cross Museum, Geneva
After a break for lunch, we will then have a guided tour of the International Red Cross Museum permanent collection “The Humanitarian Adventure” currently divided into three exhibitions defending human dignity, restoring family links and reducing natural risks.
To register for the outing, email Anne Heggie at firstname.lastname@example.org